Program Director of Dental Therapy, Pay Grade 16
Non-Bargaining Unit, Exempt, Part time
To lead continued program development and implementation of the Master of Science in Dental Therapy program, with focus on completing the accreditation documentation, the program self-study, and the initial accreditation process.
To oversee and coordinate initiation of the administrative, academic, and field experiences for the Dental Therapy Program to prepare participating students to be practitioners and to pass clinical licensing examinations.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide collaborative leadership to initiate implementation of academic and clinical instruction and to assure the educational curriculum to be consistent with dental therapy practices, trends, and accreditation standards.
- Complete the self-study and initial accreditation requirements to ensure successful initiation of the program.
- Provide for ongoing evaluation of the program and the continuous quality improvement process.
- Recruit and recommend new faculty in consultation with program faculty, the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences, and the Provost.
- Prepare a variety of administrative and management reports relating to program activities, data, financial and other informational areas.
- Develop, prepare, and administer the dental therapy operating budget and grants; including implementing controls for the management and disbursement of program funds; prepare and maintain financial reports as needed.
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends in the field of dental therapy through professional development opportunities; serve on related committees and/or boards and participate in state, regional and national affiliations in the best interest of the program.
- Establish written criteria for the admissions department and consult with admissions regarding prospective student candidates and insure that student related operations are consistent with program and University policies.
- Plan for course scheduling, placement of students in clinical settings and assignment of courses.
- Confer regularly with the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences and VTSU administration to plan and evaluate program goals, exchange information and resolve problems.
- Establish and maintain contacts with professional organizations, cooperating agencies, community groups, state and national advisory boards and accreditation organizations.
Direction is received from the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Masters of Science in Dental Therapy or Doctoral Degree in Dentistry. Vermont dental or dental therapy license. Plus three to five years experience in curriculum development and teaching at a collegiate or university level or combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Evidence of leadership and depth and/or breadth in scholarly activity
- Current dental or dental therapy license without sanctions or restrictions
Location: Williston location with some on site requirements but may work remotely
Vermont State University is a part of the Vermont State Colleges System (VSCS). VSCS values individual differences that can be engaged in the service of learning. Diverse experiences from people of varied backgrounds inform and enrich our community. VSCS strongly encourages applications from historically marginalized and underrepresented populations. VSCS is an equal opportunity employer, in compliance with ADA requirements, and will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant. Please contact our HR office for assistance with accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This general outline illustrates the type of work which characterizes the job classification. It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications of individual positions assigned to the classification.