Smile Brands is one of the largest providers of dental support services in the United States providing comprehensive business support services to 650 affiliated practices across 30 states. The organization receives frequent recognition for its award-winning culture and has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, Comparably, Stevie® Awards and more. We're on a mission to deliver Smiles for Everyone® and that includes you!
We are seeking a
Senior Accountant to join the Business Integrations Accounting team. As a Senior Accountant, you will play an integral role in the department. This position will ensure that assigned accounts are accurately reconciled and represents the financial position of the company in compliance with GAAP, facilitate Senior Management's understanding of the company's financial progress through account research and communication of findings, assists in the development and enforcement of internal controls and policies/procedures to protect company assets from waste, fraud and inefficient use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures financial statements are accurately stated via thorough review/analysis of system-generated revenue and expense activity reports and subsequent preparation of journal entries.
- Performs monthly review/analysis of general ledger detail. Researches material variances. Via written and verbal means, communicates findings to Accounting management.
- Ensures the company is sufficiently reserved via analysis of reserve accounts and trended activity.
- Assists Accounting management via the identification of risks/opportunities.
- Assists Accounting management with the coordination of the monthly/yearly close including, but not limited to enforcing deadlines, status of deliverables, open items and communication of issues that arise.
- Ensures accuracy/appropriateness of activity recorded in the general ledger via timely preparation of monthly reconciliations and analyses related to complex balance sheet accounts.
- Periodic review of standard accruals to determine if adjustment is necessary based on trended activity.
- Ensures timely upload of system interfaces. Tests the results of new interfaces or changes to existing interfaces, which impact the general ledger to ensure the activity is properly reflected.
- Upon finalization of month-end/year-end results, closes all Accounting software modules.
- Assists in timely distribution of financial reporting packages to field management.
- Prepares ad hoc reports based on field/management requests.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of internal controls. Timely communication of any weaknesses noted to Finance management.
- Prepares and reviews audit schedules related to internal and external audits. Provides support to auditors during fieldwork.
- Assists Finance management on ad hoc projects.