JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-19-OK-10439403-ESEP/MP
OPEN PERIOD: March 11, 2019 through December 31, 2019
SERIES & GRADE: GS 2 - 4
WHO MAY APPLY: All US Citizens
- Receive and prepare patients for dental treatments.
- Prepare materials and equipment for use by the Dentist.
- Maintain records related to appointments, examinations, treatment, and supplies.
- Perform chairside assistance and placement of sealants and varnish.
- Perform radiological procedures (GS-3 and above).
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Security Clearance
- Completion of Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form.
- Measles and Rubella immunization for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal influenza immunization.
- To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
- Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiological procedures meet the credentialing standards, which are set forth in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program which meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is credited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field.