JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-19-BJ-10460421-DE
OPEN PERIOD: April 11, 2019 through December 31, 2019
SERIES & GRADE: GS 2 - 5
WHO MAY APPLY: All US Citizens
- Provides chairside assistance during all routine and complex dental procedures.
- Relays post-treatment instructions to patients.
- Performs routine laboratory duties such as preparing materials, disinfecting and sterilizing instruments, prepare tray set-ups
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Security Clearance
- Complete, sign, and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal Influenza immunization.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
- Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (l) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field.