JOB TITLE: Dental Hygienist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-19-WR-10469998-DE
OPEN PERIOD: April 10, 2019 through December 31, 2019
SERIES & GRADE: GS 8
WHO MAY APPLY: All US Citizens
- Responsible for accurate recording of examination information and treatment performed.
- Administer oral prophylactic, local anesthesia and dental hygiene treatment to patients.
- Provide dental hygiene instruction and training to individuals and groups.
- Take, develop and interpret intra-oral and extra-oral X-rays.
- Instruct patients in home care therapy.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Security Clearance
- Complete, sign, and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal Influenza immunization.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements.
- To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
- Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (l) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as dental radiographers.
- Current licensed to practice as a dental hygienist in a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia.