JOB TITLE: Dental Hygienist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-19-BJ-10564194-DE
OPEN PERIOD: July 30, 2019 through December 31, 2019
SERIES & GRADE: GS 5 - 8
WHO MAY APPLY: All US Citizens
- Completes screening procedures, both general health and oral health, develops radiographs, and works with dentist to complete examination.
- Performs oral prophylaxis and scaling/root planing, completes protective restorations, and administers local anesthesia.
- Provides preventative activities such as group and individual education, oral hygiene instructions, nutritional counseling, fluoride application, and sealant placement.
- Documentations, sterilization, and office management activities.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
- Applicants for all grade levels and specializations must be currently licensed to practice as dental hygienists in a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (l) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as dental radiographers.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks:
GS-05: Dental hygiene curriculum, plus appropriate experience, totaling four (4) years or four (4) year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene or a in a directly related field of study or one (1) year of experience as a licensed dental hygienist.
GS-06: One (1) year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level
GS-07: One (1) year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 level
GS-08: One (1) year of experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level