PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES Achieve Results
- Directly effect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high quality medical care. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, medical care and treatment to all patients as assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction to non-physician clinic staff. Effect overall clinic results. Meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Ensure the delivery of all medical treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinical policies and quality initiatives.
- Understand and ensure all practices and procedures related to the delivery of medical services are consistent with contracted protocols and procedures.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with all patients and their families. Achieve commitments from patients to adhere to an effective plan of care, and ensure all patient services are delivered in a caring and professional manner.
- Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with other dentists, registered dental hygienists, dental assistants, residents, administrative and clinic operations staff. Ensure the success of each clinic operation through collaborative support and working relationships with all clinic operations staff.
Professionalism & Stewardship
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES:
- Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity.
- Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
- Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
- Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and restorative therapy.
- Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive evaluation of the patient's general health.
- Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Maintain the baseline radiographs and any other radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment plan the case.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat patients’ dental conditions and malformations with the aid of X-rays and other clinical tests.
- Perform regular dentist activities including, performing x-rays, fill cavities, root canal and remove decay etc.
- Performing and/or interpreting all types of dental Radiographic examinations.
- Assess treatment according to the condition of the patient and provide treatment options to patients based on their oral and dental conditions and follow up on treatments.
- Provide dental care treatments, such as restoring teeth, teeth extraction, and treating gum diseases.
- Diagnosis and sequential Treatment Plan with appropriate explanation for patient about their dental disease and treatment options with consequences (Implied CONSENT) while all details are documented into patient’s file.
- Examination, Diagnosis and Early detection of Dental, Periodontal, Pulpal, Per apical and Oral soft tissue diseases for all age groups.
- Refer patients to dental secondary or tertiary care when needed.
- Maintain patients’ dental records and files by entering all relevant treatment, prescriptions and test results.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals and other medications or healthy regimens as appropriate.
- Provide patients and the community with oral hygiene education and awareness on prevention care in dentistry.
- Stay abreast with new dentistry developments and treatments through structured personal development.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by thinking what might go wrong in all undertakings and take necessary measures to prevent them from happening.
- Identify and report potential or actual patient safety concerns, errors and/or near misses in timely manner.
- Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate as sense of team work and effective communication.
- Partner with line manager to understand risks in your area of work, develop a plan on how to mitigate those risks, and develop shared accountability for implementing and evaluating the plan.
- Understand patient safety and ensure it is part of the care delivery.
- Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care process
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and customer service.
- Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Requisite skills and ability to perform certain clinical tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
Non-essential Functions: Supports to organization as needed. Position requirements / Job qualifications:
DDS or DDM from an accredited School of Dentistry. Valid license to practice dentistry in the US Virgin Islands. Valid DEA certificate. Maintain current BLS Certification.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant clinical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
- Experience/Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully
- Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment.
- Demonstrated success and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typical found within most progressive health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR/EDR systems, etc.)
- Occasional lifting of 40 – 50 lbs and pushing of 5-20 lbs
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required
- Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
- Normal overtime/extended work hours
Apply for DENTIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly