JOB TITLE: Dental Officer
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-20-GP-10688200-ESEP/MP
OPEN PERIOD: January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020
SERIES & GRADE: GS 11 - 12
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Independently examine, diagnose, and treat commonly encountered dental diseases or dental health problems.
- Diagnose mal-occlusions, and pathological or irregular conditions and ensure proper referral of patients for evaluation or specialty care.
- Provide all appropriate dental disease prevention measures for each patient treated.
- Ensure appropriate medical records are maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of public relations with other health disciplines and tribal health groups, as well as the community.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from an ADA-approved school.
- Applicants must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- Applicants must complete a 2-year residency program in dentistry, oral health, craniofacial sciences, or a related medical science; or equivalent experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, and/or training.