JOB TITLE: Staff Dentist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-20-BI-10702157-DE
OPEN PERIOD: February 5, 2020 through January 2, 2021
SERIES & GRADE: GS 11 - 12
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Make clinical and radiographic examinations of the oral and soft tissues and a diagnosis of pathological or irregular conditions.
- Administer local anesthesia, and/or nitrous oxide analgesia.
- Perform routine and moderately complicated tooth extractions, including surgical procedures.
- Perform examinations, make diagnoses and prescribe treatment plans for patients.
- Recognize and refer patients for specialty treatment as required.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformation of teeth and gums.
- Plan and carry-out dental health programs for oral disease prevention and patient education.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must pass pre-employment examination.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Applicants must have a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from a school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Applicants must have passed the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) which are developed and administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Applicants must complete a 2-year residency program in dentistry, oral health, craniofacial sciences, or a related medical science.
- Equivalent experience identified on your resume that must demonstrate one or more full years of experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, performing professional dentistry work for GS-12 level.