JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-19-WR-10710182-ESEP/MP
OPEN PERIOD: January 31, 2020 through December 31, 2020
SERIES & GRADE: GS 2 - 4
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Assist the dentist chair-side and other supportive services in the dental clinic.
- Take preliminary impressions for study models and modifies impression trays as needed.
- Instructs patient in preventive dental care; demonstrates brushing and flossing techniques.
- Maintain records related to appointments, examinations, treatment, and supplies.
- Perform radiological procedures (GS-03 and above).
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (l) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field.