JOB TITLE: Supervisory Dentist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-20-GP-10823770-DH
OPEN PERIOD: 05/20/2020 to 08/31/2020
SERIES & GRADE: GS 12
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Provide direct dental care services of scope, quality and quantity consistent with IHS, Great Plains Area and Service Unit Policies.
- Performs restoration and cavities with standard and prescribed materials. Administers local anesthesia. Performs single and multiple extractions of teeth and treats periodontal disease.
- Establishes relationships with tribal groups, clinical staff and IHS personnel to facilitate appropriate health care provisions.
- Ensures that department expenditures, supplies and equipment are within allocated budget; ensures compliance with accreditation requirements; and provides professional dental administrative activates for assessing, planning and developing for dental services.
- Provides supervision to dental staff by assigning and evaluating work, interviews employees for positions, recommends appointments such as promotions or reassignments, resolve employee complaints, effects minor disciplinary measures such as warning and reprimands; identifies training needs.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must pass pre-employment examination.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Applicants must have a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from a school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Applicants must have passed the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) which are developed and administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Applicants must complete a 2-year residency program in dentistry, oral health, craniofacial sciences, or a related medical science.
- Equivalent experience identified on your resume that must demonstrate one or more full years of experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, performing professional dentistry work for GS-12 level.