MOSDOH - Assistant Professor Endodontics
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health is seeking an Assistant Professor of Endodontics on the St. Louis, MO campus. The position will report to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinical Education, and Community Partnerships. The Assistant Professor of Endodontics will manage and mentor MOSDOH students to assure the attainment of clinical competency, teach students the fundamentals of Endodontics, and assure the provision of high-quality endodontic services to patients.
Major job duties include:
- Mentor and evaluate students in endodontic dentistry.
- Establish procedures for endodontics in conjunction with the Specialty Care Unit Director.
- Communicate with the Specialty Care Unit Director as to the educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies for student experiences.
- Complete Administrative Reports as directed.
- Assure student and patient safety and report any deficiencies to the Vice Dean.
- Assure clinical competency for students in endodontics.
- Supervise Endodontic residents as needed.
- Provide indirect supervision of dental assistant(s) and provide performance review evaluations to the Dental Clinic Manager.
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction to pre-clinical students in Kirksville and D3 and D4 students in St. Louis.
- Track student progress toward attainment of clinical competency and communicate progress and deficiencies on a periodic basis to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinic Education, and Community Partnerships.
- Participate in calibration activities, to include semi-annual faculty advance.
- Participate in ATSU/MOSDOH committee activities.
- Perform endodontic procedures on patients as needed.
- Potential for intermittent on-call and other outreach activities after hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have either a DDS or a DMD as well as have a specialty certification in endodontics. Candidates must be highly skilled in endodontics and have a current Missouri State Dental License.
Mentoring - Intermediate
Flexibility - Intermediate
Diplomacy & Tact - Intermediate
Self-Direction - Intermediate
Initiative - Intermediate
Organizing - Advanced
Communication - Advanced
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Doctorate or better in Dental Medicine, DMD.
Doctorate or better in Dental Surgery, DDS.
2 years: Experience in the practice of endodontics
2 years: Experience in a dental teaching environment