General Dentist wanted for Northern Michigan Community Health Center
Why Family Health Care?
- Progressive, non-profit, outpatient group practice
- Active provider retention and burnout reduction plan of action
- “One-Stop-Shopping” concept for all health care services: medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and vision
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Led by a board of directors composed of community members and patients
- The first community health center in Michigan
What we provide our Dentists:
- 1.5 Dental Assistants
- Flexible Schedule/Hours
- On-Site Medical Team
- No overhead or buy-in
- Federal Malpractice Coverage
- Excellent Equipment and trial of new products (within reason)
- Much more!
What we expect from our Dentists:
- Manages total patient care to remove or minimize symptoms, or to minimize the progression of chronic and disabling conditions through appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and referrals.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Program and in-service training.
- May participate in community education functions and assist community health groups in a dental advisory capacity.
- Sees any FHC patient, regardless of age, sex, race, or condition, and keeps neat and accurate records of patient care.
- Judiciously uses x-ray and prescription functions.
- Reports any real or perceived errors in judgment immediately to Dental Director. May be assigned to supervise the mid-level providers and dental hygienists.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary and assigned by the supervisor.
- Considerable knowledge of dentistry and dental practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of drugs and medicines.
- Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions.
Experience: At least 2 years working as a licensed dentist post-graduation.
- State of Michigan Dentist License
- State of Michigan Controlled Substance License
- Federal DEA License
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry.
Benefits: Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k), PTO
Family Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.