At Gentle Dental, our Dental Hygienists are enthusiastic about providing excellent patient care and are critical to our success as a healthcare provider. You will be part of an extraordinary team of talented individuals who are dedicated to helping you deliver legendary service to our patients. Through oral education, Dental Hygienists lead patients to a happy and healthy smile!
This is a full-time, 5 day per week, position working Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day.
Day to Day:
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Greet patients and make them feel comfortable while seating them in an operatory
- Help patients feel comfortable during and after dental treatment
- Obtain/review patient's health history and/or treatment records
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
- Evaluate overall oral health by examining the patient's mouth, looking for signs of periodontal disease, possible cancers, sores, recessed and /or bleeding gums and oral lesions
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth by performing prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing or periodontal maintenance as diagnosed and treatment planned by a Dentist
- Select and apply appropriate fluoride treatments and polishes
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment after treatment, following accepted infection control practices
- Instruct patients on proper preventive care, teach patients about good oral health
- In some states, with the required certification, Hygienists may perform other duties such as administering anesthesia, placing temp fillings, removing sutures, applying sealants or other preventive materials and smoothing/polishing restorations
- If directed by a Dentist, and allowed by law, may take impressions or X-Rays
- Document treatment in patient files
- Schedule and confirm appointments, answer the telephone, assist with patient questions
- Maintain patient confidence by protecting and appropriately handling all PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies only as needed to accomplish results
- Assist Dentists in the event of a medical emergency
- Other duties as may be assigned or modified as business needs dictate
- Associates degree or higher in Dental Hygiene from an accredited College or Technical School
- State-specific Dental Hygienist license
- State-specific Radiation Safety Certificate, when required by law
- CPR/BLS Certification (Only American Red Cross or American Heart Association)
- Additional/Expanded functions certifications as required by law (local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, restorative, sealants, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, quality-focused dental environment; DSO/Group Practice experience preferred
- Ability to travel between locations preferred
- DOE, with additional bonus plan.
- Paid Holidays
- and more
We look forward to hearing from you!