Oral Surgery Practice Manager
Southwest Florida Oral & Facial Surgery is a state-of -the art practice with locations in Fort Myers and Cape Coral Florida. We pride ourselves on a value-based culture where our daily goal is to provide patients with exceptional care. The Practice also endeavors to cultivate an environment where employees can recognize their full potential as part of a team of highly skilled administrative and clinical professionals.
Southwest Florida Oral & Facial Surgery is seeking an experienced Office Manager to direct the day-to-day operations of our practice. Along with our excellent work atmosphere, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Generous defined contribution toward health, dental, vision, short term disability, and voluntary term life insurance
- Employer paid long term disability and group life/AD&D
- Retirement plan with matching contribution
- Profit sharing
- Paid time off based on seniority
- Paid holidays
- Team get-togethers and shared meals
The primary purpose of the Practice Manager at Southwest Florida Oral & Facial Surgery (“the Practice”) is to manage and oversee the day to day operations of the Practice. This position will develop and implement plans, policies, and procedures that are efficient and focused on the needs the staff, patients, and the business. The Practice Manager trains and manages staff in providing outstanding and compassionate patient experiences. This position directs the work of staff and works closely with the CFO to ensure a positive work environment.
The individual who fills this role must be a self-starter who is able to work under pressure and handle multiple functions with the ability to conduct business in a professional manner. Previous experience or demonstrated ability in managing a dental or medical office as well as patient relationship experience is necessary. Human Resources knowledge and experience is preferred.
The Practice Manager must possess skills and knowledge in all forms of communication: interpersonal, technology-based, oral & written. The person in this position demonstrates the Practice’s values in all transactions and interactions with patients, staff, doctors, vendors, and all others contacted in the course of business. Ultimately, the Practice Manager ensures the Practice’s value-based culture is continually being represented in the Practice policies and procedures and the staff’s work, attitude, and interpersonal relationships
- Coordination of the day to day operations of the practice.
- Develops, implements, and maintains office policies and procedures.
- Manages administrative staff schedules and oversees clinical staff schedules to ensure proper coverage for offices.
- Oversees patient scheduling, registration, treatment plan counseling and all patient experience processes.
- Interviews, hires, and trains a patient-focused team.
- Responsible for new staff orientation.
- Provides staff with on-going performance feedback and conducts performance reviews according to established policy and procedures.
- Coaches staff and to ensure positive employee relations and engagement.
- Maintains and manages all patient-focused filing and organizational systems for the practice.
- Ensures patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and develops process improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintains required staff training schedules.
- Facilitates staff meetings for administrative and coordinates meetings with clinical staff.
- Meets with the CFO and/or doctors to provide updates, brainstorm issues, set strategies.
- Coordinates logistics for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Directs special projects.
- Models the Practice’s values and inspires all levels of the staff
Education: High School Diploma; College Degree Preferred
Experience: 3+ years’ experience or demonstrated ability to perform essential duties. Office management experience in oral surgery, dental or general medical office is required. HR knowledge and experience is preferred.
Southwest Florida Oral & Facial Surgery Core Values:
REFLECT THE VALUES: Represents the practice’s values by demonstrating them with team members and patients. Promotes an inclusive work environment where co-workers and patients are valued. Holds as a core value the fundamental belief that others should be regarded with the highest level of respect and demonstrates this belief in all interactions and forms of communication.
RELIABLE: Is utterly reliable, dependable, and accountable. Builds and maintains trust with patients and co-workers by demonstrating the commitment to be on time, accommodate others, and take the initiative to help and solve problems.
TEAMWORK: Has the ability to work as a contributing member of the team demonstrated by excellent cooperation, collaboration and communication skills.
INTEGRITY: Is committed to being honest and demonstrating strong moral principles in all relationships, actions, and transactions by going the extra mile. Is a champion for authenticity – and upholds the integrity of the practice’s high standards and values.
Analytical Skills: The ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and apply information in the problem-solving process. The level of logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes. The ability to forecast events based upon current situations. Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
EXCELLENCE: Gives the highest level of attention to every task and interaction, demonstrating continual learning and improvement that results in distinctive quality care and an engaging work environment.
Apply for Oral Surgery Practice Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly