Dental Program Manager
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Dental Program Manager is responsible for overall management of dental and oral health services; including the oversight of the oral health department, operations, program planning, regulatory compliance and financial management. This position directly supervises the Dental Assistant Supervisor and Clinic Operations Supervisor. The Dental Program Manager oversees the Oral Health administrative staff and partners with the clinic staff to ensure efficient patient care that supports integration and the “Team Based Care” model.
- Manage program operations at various sites across the system; maintain an understanding of roles, work flows, clinic schedule, and ensure staffing coverage to ensure access to care for patients (including by not limited to call coverage, extended hours plan, time off coordination, etc.).
- Ensure oral health operations are efficient and effective and support continuous improvement, by promoting tests of change and encouraging staff to share their voice to inform change.
- Manage performance of the team, conduct monthly meet-ups and provide real-time and consistent coaching with all direct reports.
- Develops, and is accountable to, annual operating budgets; collaborates with Dental Director and CFO to develop, monitor and regularly evaluate expenses and revenue.
- Understand and promote the patient-centered primary care home standards, supporting and monitoring integration of oral health services.
Skills & Knowledge
Demonstrates effective, verbal and written communication skills, including mediation, facilitation and the ability to explain complex concepts and instructions to a variety of audiences. Can demonstrate effective customer relation skills, working with diverse groups in a stressful environment, displaying an understanding of group dynamics and dealing with stress effectively. Can plan, lead, organize and direct. Demonstrates strong organizational skills and effective use of time. Astute at analyzing and solving problems and has the ability to build consensus. Can demonstrate ability to coach, direct staff and handle sensitive situations. Has a positive professional manner that reflects favorably on health center image.