We have an exciting opportunity for a community-oriented dentist to join our Sierra Family team as a practitioner and Director of Dental services. The successful candidate will be a patient-oriented, experienced in diagnosing and treating dental ailments. The Dentist will assess dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services.
The Dental Director will be responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the Dental department, implementing programmatic and administrative policies and procedures in order to attain program goals and objectives. The Dental Director is responsible for the quality of services, development and maintenance of all the quality assurance processes and supervises the Dental providers, contract providers, Hygienists, RDA Leads and overall Dental team. Serves as a working Dentist maintaining a patient case load. The Dental Director reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
Our providers deliver compassionate, quality care to a varied and underserved patient population. There is close collaboration with the Medical and Behavioural Health Departments in an effort to provide comprehensive, integrated care to all our patients. Sierra Family is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a loan repayment program through NSHC & Nurse Corps.
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients local anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
Dentist Requirements and Qualifications
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. from a school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and American Dental Association
- Licensed to practice Dentistry in California
- California Radiation Safety certificate
- Current DEA license.
- Current CPR certification,
- Two (2) years of experience in private practice or clinical practice.
- One (1) year of experience in Dental Administration preferred.
- Certified in CPR
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Mission focused compassion in working with staff and patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complies with all office, local, state, and American Dental Association regulations, protocols, and procedure
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: 150,000-175,000
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Paid sick leave (Five days a year)
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- Workers’ Compensation paid
- State dental licensure fees covered.
- Continuing Dental Education (amount in time and dollars?)
- Administrative time included in weekly schedule
- Onsite free medical, dental, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan (including Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Loan Repayment program (through NSHC & Nurse Co)
Apply for Dental Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly