Registered Dental Assistant
Now is the time to join Bakersfield Dental Group and Orthodontics. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
- The primary role of the Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) is to assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient's commitment for the best possible treatment with urgency
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment
- At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate
- At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices)
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration
- Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc)
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Pay: $20 - $24 / hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care assistance
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.