Dentist - PT (8 hours/week)
Make them smile! Discover correctional healthcare. CFG Health Systems has an immediate need for a Dentist-PT for 8 hours/week in Schenectady, NY.
Provide general dentistry and services while ensuring effective inmate patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes of Schenectady County Correctional Facility.
- Perform and document routine dental assessments and evaluations on inmate patients referred by the nursing/professional staff of the assigned correctional facility consistent with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards of care, NJ 10-A, American Correctional Association (ACA) and Performance-Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) as appropriate.
- Ability to assess and diagnose dental conditions, evaluate treatment options, implement treatment plans, and educate patients on oral health care.
- Perform and interpret radiographic dental exams as indicated.
- Record all dental care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Provide emergency treatment of the teeth and surrounding soft tissues such as oral surgery, restorative dentistry, and periodontal therapy, within the scope of general dentistry.
- Make proper referrals for treatments or procedures which cannot be performed at the institution or are beyond the technical proficiency of his/her practice.
- Participates in the development of in-programs and maintains public relations with other health disciplines within the institution.
- Responsible and accountable for dental office security including instrument, medicine, and needle counts in accordance with local and state regulations.
- Promotes a therapeutic environment to ensure inmate patients are treated in a professional, ethical, and tactful manner.
- Adheres to the security regulations of the institution to which dental services are provided.
- Maintains membership in American Correctional Health Services Association (ACHSA).
- Completion from an accredited dental school facility with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD).
- Completion of a US-based residency program in a dental facility.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times).
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous clinical experience in the dental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis, assessment, and implementation of treatment plans.
Discover the rewards of working in correctional healthcare.
Please apply today. For a complete job description, check out our website for details:
Equal Opportunity Employer