4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Staff Dentist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-21-OK-10916001-DE
OPEN PERIOD: 10/02/2020 to 09/30/2021
SERIES & GRADE: GS 11 - 12
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Independently examine, diagnose, and treat commonly encountered dental diseases or dental health problems.
- Diagnose malocclusions, and pathological or irregular conditions and ensure proper referral of patients for evaluation or specialty care.
- Provide all appropriate dental disease prevention measures for each patient treated.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families with multiple dental and health problems and of different backgrounds.
- Ensure appropriate medical records are maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Applicants must have a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from a school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Applicants must have passed the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) which are developed and administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (You MUST list your Dentistry license number on your resume, along with the expiration date, OR submit a copy of your Dentistry license that includes expiration date. New graduates must submit verification of licensure prior to encumbering a position with IHS.)
- Applicants must have completed a 2-year residency program in dentistry, oral health, craniofacial sciences, or a related medical science
- Your resume must demonstrate at least 2 years of equivalent experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service (obtained in either the private or public sector), and/or training.