Chief Executive Officer
The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) was founded in 1980 and is the national certification board for dental assistants. DANB, a nonprofit organization, is a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence. As an independent but related affiliate of DANB, the Dental Advancement through Learning and Education Foundation (DALE Foundation) is a nonprofit
organization established by DANB's Board of Directors that focuses on research and education in dental assisting.
Since DANB’s founding 41 years ago, the organization has grown steadily and has built an enviable reputation for itself in the credentialing and testing worlds. DANB and the DALE Foundation have recently finalized their joint, three-year strategic plan, and are working to implement several long- and short-term projects. Together, the organizations have a staff of more than 40 employees and an operating budget of approximately $9 million.
DANB and the DALE Foundation seek an accomplished leader who is passionate about the continued education of dental assistants and their ability to deliver safe oral healthcare. The CEO will have contributed to the success of complex organizations with varied internal and diverse external constituencies. The CEO will have experience in sophisticated, cross-functional teamwork, providing effective change management leadership and implementing best organizational practices. Key skills and attributes include:
- Passion. Has tremendous enthusiasm for health and the impact that improved oral health can have on quality of life. Serves as an effective spokesperson and ambassador for DANB and the DALE Foundation. Elevates the organizations’ presence, image, and impact in concert with the stated mission, strategic direction, and goals.
- Collaboration. Collaborates to leverage resources and build momentum to achieve the organizations’ missions. Identifies, develops, and sustains impactful external partnerships. Internally, promotes teamwork among and between the boards, leadership, and staff to accelerate progress on missions, strategies, and outcomes. Builds strong, sustainable, and effective relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
- People. Works to strengthen and grow human capital through coaching, mentoring, and ongoing professional development. Supports, develops, and rewards the high-performing team. Through excellent management skills, enhances the organizational culture, builds the bench strength of the organization, and creates greater employee satisfaction. Designs and implements effective management and organizational structures and systems, as required.
- Governance. Has experience working with and/or serving on governing boards and understands how to advance a Board’s work as an organization’s strategic governing body.
- Integrity. Maintains stewardship and accountability for the organizations’ overall operational, ethical, and fiduciary integrity within the guidelines and policies set by the Board and applicable laws and/or regulations.
We seek a proven leader who has a contagious interest in health and the impact that improved oral health can have on quality of life. This person is excited about working to achieve mission success for both DANB and the DALE Foundation. This individual demonstrates, either through one’s career or volunteer service, a life-long dedication to improving the human condition. The ideal candidate must exhibit success in collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders. Experience in convening diverse groups of people (often with different or conflicting viewpoints) to find solutions to difficult issues in a collegial, transparent, and highly participatory manner is essential. This experience may have been gained in the corporate, philanthropic, nonprofit,
and/or public sectors.
Candidates must have extensive experience and exceptional skills in oral and written communications. This person enjoys being the face of an organization.
We seek a leader who values the contribution of each Board and staff member, and who understands how organizational culture contributes to accelerating progress on outcomes.
Career experience and knowledge of oral health delivery, public health issues and health systems will be highly valued but is not a prerequisite. Experience in an executive leadership position with dual organizations is highly valued. Strategic astuteness, critical thinking skills, dynamic personal
presence, natural optimism, humility, good listening skills, and a sense of humor are the more important personal attributes we seek.
To apply, please submit a current resume and letter of introduction to Kittleman & Associates, LLC at https://bit.ly/2XsnS3A (click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page).