Faculty Group Practice Dental Technician- Plastic Surgery Ortho (Unit)
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Practice Dental Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate must possess knowledge of orthodontic procedures/terminology and all related instruments and equipment. Must be able to provide infection control/sterilization in accordance with the industry standards.
- Greeting seating, and dismissing patients in accordance with office procedures in a timely manner
- Preparing patients for treatment by checking them in and performing preliminary treatment as directed
- Assisting doctors thoroughly and completely with orthodontic procedures with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
- Properly recording electronic chart entries regarding the details of each visit
- Preparing and cleaning operatories for patient treatment
- Delivering orthodontic and oral hygiene instructions clearly and thoroughly with use of visual aids
- Obtaining patient records, including photos and impressions for study models
- Helping to maintain a clean and well-stocked clinic
- Communicating effectively with and attending to the needs of patients
Must be a certified Dental Assistant, licensed or in process of licensure by the State of New York or have a limited permit at time of hire. HS degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Required Licenses: Certified Dental Assistant
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply, please use this link: https://nyu.contacthr.com/79443973