For more information please reach out to Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager at Farrellj@interdent.com or 925.719.1462.
At SmileKeepers our Dental Hygienists are enthusiastic about providing excellent patient care and are critical to our success as a healthcare provider. You will be part of an extraordinary team of talented individuals who are dedicated to helping you deliver legendary service to our patients. Through oral education, Dental Hygienists lead patients to a happy and healthy smile! This offer includes a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
Day to Day:
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Greet patients and make them feel comfortable while seating them in an operatory
- Help patients feel comfortable during and after dental treatment
- Obtain/review patient's health history and/or treatment records
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
- Evaluate overall oral health by examining the patient's mouth, looking for signs of periodontal disease, possible cancers, sores, recessed and /or bleeding gums and oral lesions
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth by performing prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing or periodontal maintenance as diagnosed and treatment planned by a Dentist
- Select and apply appropriate fluoride treatments and polishes
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment after treatment, following accepted infection control practices
- Instruct patients on proper preventive care, teach patients about good oral health
- In some states, with the required certification, Hygienists may perform other duties such as administering anesthesia, placing temp fillings, removing sutures, applying sealants or other preventive materials and smoothing/polishing restorations
- If directed by a Dentist, and allowed by law, may take impressions or X-Rays
- Document treatment in patient files
- Schedule and confirm appointments, answer the telephone, assist with patient questions
- Maintain patient confidence by protecting and appropriately handling all PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies only as needed to accomplish results
- Assist Dentists in the event of a medical emergency
- Other duties as may be assigned or modified as business needs dictate
- Associates degree or higher in Dental Hygiene from an accredited College or Technical School
- State-specific Dental Hygienist license
- State-specific Radiation Safety Certificate, when required by law
- CPR/BLS Certification
- Ability to travel between locations preferred
- Full suite of benefits (Dental, Medical, Vision, Life)
- Continuing Education
- Paid Holidays
SK McMinnville, 510 NE 8th Street McMinnville, OR 97128
We look forward to hearing from you!
Gentle Dental is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our patients and employees. To this end we are adhering to best-in-class safety practices based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA) and state/local mandates.
As always, we’re following best practices for sterilization protocols of dental instruments and operatory equipment. We’re also screening every patient when scheduling, when confirming and again upon arrival, using the CDC’s guidelines for identifying any symptoms of illness or recent exposure to COVID-19.