Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistants – Albany, NY – Full Time
If you are looking for a Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant position in a Dental Office in Albany, Full Time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. This position is located in the Dental Clinic 1092 Madison Ave., Albany, NY
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Monday- Friday, Office Hours
What you will do:
The Dental Hygienist is responsible for the practice of dental hygiene services in accordance with the New York State Education Department regulations. The hygienist assesses the patient's hygiene and education needs and makes recommendations for the coordination of patient treatment with the staff dentist, dental residents and attending staff. The hygienist also provides chair-side assistance for dental services and assists the office staff.
The Dental Assistant (DA) is responsible for assisting in the practice of dental services.
- Patient care
- Clinical operations
- Quality improvement
- Infection control
- Other responsibilities, as necessary
- Education of non-certified Dental Assistants
- Other responsibilities, including those commensurate with certification, as necessary
The Hygienist will need:
- Associates of Applied Science degree in Dental Hygiene required
- New York State License and Current Registration
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Two years dental hygiene experience, dental assisting and office experience preferred
- Able to lift 20 lbs
The Dental Assistant will need:
- Completed a licensure-qualifying program in dental assisting or an equivalent program as determined by the State Education Department
- New York State Certification and Licensure
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years' experience
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.