Commensurate with experience in the non-profit sector
- Master's (Required)
- Management Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 4 years (Preferred)
- Spanish or Multilingual (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We believe in recognition and development of dental leaders. If you do too, read on and learn about our current job opening for an Executive Director!
Our Mission: Our mission as Fellows in the Pierre Fauchard Academy is to recognize and develop outstanding leadership in our profession, internationally. We accomplish this by consistently focusing on professionalism, integrity, and ethics worldwide, by our own conduct as worthy role models, by the advancement of dentistry to the highest level, by supporting and honoring colleagues for their distinguished work, research, contributions, and public service, and by providing excellence in programs, education, and leadership in oral health care.
What we do:
About Our Team: The Executive Director is currently the only employee of the Pierre Fauchard Academy International. The Executive Director coordinates with independent contractors, the Board of Directors, and volunteers in the execution of our mission. What this means: we are looking for an incredibly independent, entrepreneurial-minded, creative problem-solver with a high level of interest in meeting planning, membership development and in fundraising, donor cultivation and public relations/marketing to increase our impact.
A little bit about the Executive Director role:
The Pierre Fauchard Academy is primarily responsible for organizational leadership and fund development experience, and will rely on their track record in fundraising, public relations, and sound financial management to be successful in this role. The Executive Director will be required to provide hands-on management of daily operations.
It will be essential that the Executive Director is able to maintain and diversify funding from private and corporate foundations, as well as the development of new sources of income from individuals, events, and grants.
You may be a great fit if you meet the following qualifications:
· A degree from an accredited graduate school in Social Services, Business, Administration, or related field (Master’s Degree required).
· Successful track record in organizational planning and fundraising within a non-profit organization.
· Five years of experience in management.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing) in addition to the ability to work independently & manage time and tasks effectively.
· Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced environment characterized by collaboration, growth, and change.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English), highly preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office-MS Word, Excel, Power Point
Must be proficient in newsletter design and publishing.
We are looking for a team member who possesses the following skills, abilities, and attributes:
· High level organizational leadership and management skills.
· Ability to identify priorities and manage time well.
· Observant and interested in research that will result in improved outcomes.
· Identifies needs and takes initiative.
· Highly self-motivated; works very well independently.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Caring; service oriented.
· Proficient in non-profit finance and accounting principles and practices.
What the Pierre Fauchard Academy Executive Director will be responsible for (not an all-inclusive list):
· Organizational Leadership - Represents and advocates on behalf of Pierre Fauchard Academy in public arenas; oversees the development and implementation of the agency’s policies and procedures; develops, monitors, and oversees the agency’s fiscal operations; creates a culture of philanthropy among all board and staff members; ensures compliance with personnel policies and state federal regulations on workplaces and employment. Work closely with the Board in organizational planning and implementation. Develop and present new ideas in all areas of the organization.
· Fundraising –Manages the donor relations process, including identification, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, corporate, and foundation gifts.
· Coordinates fundraising special events and other fundraising activities.
· Directs organizational fundraising drives.
· Establishes short- and long-range goals for unrestricted/restricted funding sources and enlists support from members of staff and Board of Directors. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to donors.
· Research public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations, and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding. Works with program staff to develop funding related projects. Organizes individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail, and board of directors).
· Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
· Major Gift/Donor Support – Produces major donor, board, and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain and upgrade gifts when possible.
· Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling, and attending in-person visits with donors.
· Development & Public Relations –Supervises most development and public affairs matters, works with the Marketing Manager to develop various communications such as the annual report, newsletter, general boilerplate brochures, general PowerPoint presentations, government relations, and content for website.
· Manages the organization’s social media presence.
· Makes public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Pierre Fauchard Academy with the dental community and public community.
· Special Events – Provides leadership in the execution of all aspects of signature events. Prepares, gets approval, and monitors event budgets.
· Oversees the planning and implementation of all events to ensure achievement of goals, objectives, and outcomes. Monitors the ongoing effectiveness of events including volunteer management, sponsorship sales, and logistics management. Work with hotel management in the hotel contracts and meeting preparation.
· Grants & Contracts – Manages the grant process (e.g., researching, developing, and writing grant proposals, assembling, and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, presentations, and reports), assists in the development and submittal of Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
· Database & Records Management – Maintains donor and grant database, tracking all contributors and grants.
· Generates queries/reports as needed. Manages any related vendors.
· Income and Expenditure Financial Reporting – In conjunction with accounting staff, maintains accurate accounting of all income and its sources.
· Interface with the board, treasurer, and accountant to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.