Our dentists on Prince of Wales Island work in a beautiful 5 chair clinic in Klawock providing dental services in an out-patient setting. They also travel out by car to our more remote communities to provide care.
Living and working in Alaska is an amazing adventure. Many people visit Alaska, but very few people can say that they ever lived here. The scenery is amazing and the opportunities for outdoor recreation are unlimited. Southeast Alaska is a temperate rain forest. We get lots of rain and good winter snow most years, but the temperatures are mild year-round - rarely below 10F in the winter or above 75F in the summer. We boast fantastic hiking, fishing, wildlife watching, boating, camping, hunting, skiing, and more!
South East Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC) is a non-profit health consortium that serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We are one of the oldest and largest Native-run health organizations in the nation. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
- Provides direct patient care in home office and occasional village travel. Develops and promotes dental health.
- Acts as advisor to the Director and Senior Clinical Director of Dental Services in all matters pertaining to patient care in their clinic(s).
- Acknowledges all communications, submits required reports, time cards, clinical coding and documentation in a timely manner.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of technical best practices and of Evidence-Base Dentistry practices through continuing education and applying these skills to your scope of practice.
- Performs additional duties assigned by Director of Dental Services or other proper authority
DDS or DMD degree
Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) or General Practice Residency (GPR) preferred.
Dental License in the State of Alaska or another US State
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of proper infection control techniques
- Understanding of the principles of dental disease and appropriate treatment therapies
- Diagnostic & Treatment skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Hand dexterity skills
- Ability to follow infection control guidelines
- Ability to diagnose and treat dental problems
- Ability to follow established protocol
- Physically able to sit over patient for hours at a time