Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Department of Dentistry at the University of Toledo (UToledo) College of Medicine & Life Sciences is seeking an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new CODA Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) Residency Program as the Founding Program Director. This is a full-time, salaried, teacher-scholar track; tenure eligible position. The Program Director will have the opportunity to be at the Professor level. The department is undergoing significant investment in facilities and advanced, state-of-the-art technology to continue educating the next generation of dental healthcare professionals in a patient-centered environment. UToledo has been recognized for its innovative work‐life programs.
- Join one of the Best Medical Schools in the Nation and second largest employer in northwest Ohio, offering a large network of richly diverse professionals and world-class, comprehensive dental services.
- Successful candidate will be an oral surgeon with the clinical and academic background necessary to start a new CODA-accredited OMS Residency Program in Toledo. Clinical work will include supervision of OMS residents and administrative will include didactic instruction.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in dental continuing medical education and program accreditation, backed by a 50-year academic affiliation and a financial investment of more than $2.5 billion.
- The new Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program will enroll two (2) residents per year. Currently, there are six (6) local private practice oral surgeons on the teaching staff and 20 treatment rooms.
- The fascinating array of clinical cases seen serves as an excellent resource for two (2) well-established, ADA-accredited training programs: General Practice Residency and Pediatric Dentistry Residency Programs.
- Subspecialty training in oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, and pediatric dentistry provide unique perspectives that enhance the educational and collaboration opportunities.
- Experience a highly collegial and collaborative work environment; Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
Situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the white-sand shores of Lake Erie in northwest Ohio, this inviting city offers a low-cost of living and a metropolitan lifestyle that is second to none. Toledo is a vibrant, creative and enterprising community offering:
- Four distinct seasons and a plethora of Metroparks, beaches, and nature preserves for outdoor recreation.
- Excellent public and private schools.
- Endless variety of world-class music, dance, theater, visual and fine arts, including the internationally recognized Toledo Museum of Art and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra.
- An abundance of family-friendly events and attractions year-round, like the nationally recognized Toledo Zoo & Aquarium, professional sporting events in the heart of downtown, zip-lining adventures, and more.
- Toledo ranks No. 1 in the nation for New Business Investment and No. 2 Best Place for Outdoor Lovers by U.S. News & World Report.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Elaine Auerbach: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
UToledo has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of Dentistry. UToledo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Apply for Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly