3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Summary: Responsible for examining, diagnosing and providing dental treatment to the WSHS dental patients. This position is a full-time, exempt position at 32 hours per week.
Water Street All Mission staff must be:
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current member or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission core values and mission philosophy
- Perform dentistry within the scope of a licensed dentist.
- Reflect Biblical principles in working relationships with others
- Provide oversight to the dental clinical staff
- Involved in continuous quality improvement of dental clinic services
- Keep the VP apprised of critical issues
- Update and oversee procedures to ensure compliance with various state, local, and federal regulations
- Oversight of dental students and volunteer teams
- Assure compliance by dental staff and volunteers of policies established by the WSHS
- Oversight of the Electronic Health Record
- Recruit and oversee volunteers, along with their policies and expectations
- Consultation and training for WSM staff with health related issues on campus
- Work with the case managers from WSM in providing dental services to guests
- Assist in building and the maintaining of professional relationships within Lancaster dental community.
- Provide oral presentations and represent WSHS at local dental events to promote volunteerism.
- Other duties pertaining to the essential functions to assure the smooth functioning of the dental clinic
- DDS or DMD degree from an Accredited Dental School
- Licensed to practice dentistry in Pennsylvania and meets all applicable Pennsylvania State Requirements
- Maintain required continuing education credits as required by the state of Pennsylvania
- Share applicable information learned at seminars and meeting with team
- Maintain membership in American Dental Association
- High and slow hand pieces
- Endodontic hand pieces
- Surgical hand pieces
- X-ray equipment
- Digital Schick Sensors
- Computers (Dentrix and Visix Software Program)
- Laboratory Equipment
- Sterilization Equipment
Supervised By: VP of Health Services
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Stand, walk, or sit - continuously
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - continuously
- Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds – occasionally
- Weekend and evening availability - occasionally
Christian Life: Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.
Apply for Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly