Now is the time to join Durango Dental Group. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The Dentist in Training is a highly qualified dental student who will work with a designated owner doctor to understand and assist in implementing key processes and the clinical culture of the owner doctor. They will participate in dedicated shoulder-to-shoulder coaching, one-on-one mentoring sessions, and in select regionally-held Continuing Education opportunities. This individual will proactively engage the owner doctor in establishing a common understanding of the owner doctor's clinical culture, patient outcomes, and standards of care. Responsibilities• To understand the clinical culture of the owner doctor, which includes the owner-defined diagnostic philosophies and standards of care
• Commit to shoulder-to-shoulder coaching sessions with the owner doctor
• Prepare patients for oral examination and assist clinicians and owner doctors in providing treatment
• Communicate effectively with team members and patients
• Address problems and issues with practical solutions
• Proactively seek one-on-one mentoring sessions with the owner doctor
• Choose to attend recommended regional Continuing Education workshops and events
• Begin developing modern dental technology skills, including CEREC Qualifications• Enrolled in good standing in a DDS/DMD program
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from college or technical school
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience; prior coursework or on-the-job training in the fields of dentistry, health sciences, or business
• Completed state-mandated procedures, as necessary: coronal polish, radiographic exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application Benefits• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Child care assistance
• 401K Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.