Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
We are currently seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to support our growth. This position will work 3-4 days/week from 7:30AM-11:30AM. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) works in collaboration with our Oral Surgeon administering anesthesia, monitoring patients through their surgeries, and ensuring patients have a smooth recovery after surgery.
- Perform and document the pre-anesthesia assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Prepares the patient for anesthesia.
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia and related services.
- Select, obtain, order, and administer pre-anesthetic medication or treatment.
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan in collaboration and under supervision of the oral surgeon.
- Select, obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and non-invasive monitors, supplies, and drugs for the administration of sedation services; perform safety checks as needed.
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic agents necessary to provide anesthesia services in collaboration with the oral surgeon.
- Administers and maintains anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management during procedure.
- Perform all aspects of airway management, including intubation.
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating patient response, and selecting, ordering, and administering medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient stability during transfer.
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system.
- Accountability for sedation logs and compliance documents.
- Accountability, upkeep, and re-ordering of controlled medications.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period.
- Evaluate the patient’s response to anesthesia and surgery; take appropriate corrective action during the post-anesthesia period.
- Provide post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Manage emergency situations by assessing, stabilizing, and determining disposition of patients, including providing airway management, administration of emergency drugs and fluids, and using basic and advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Supports patient safety when performing his or her job functions and through participation in facility, department or unit patient safety initiatives.
- Seeks ongoing professional educational growth.
- Holds current active state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of TN and complies with any applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs.
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor
- Is currently certified or recertified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.
- Minimum 1 year experience required, 3 years preferred
- Experience working independently and in an outpatient setting preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly