3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. and a State of Florida Dental License;
- Minimum of five (5) years of continuous full-time clinical experience;
- Proven proficiency in technology such as Microsoft Windows and clinical dental software;
- Proven knowledge of standard office machines and dental equipment;
- Ability to work well with administrators, faculty, and staff, and be people oriented;
- Excellent communication skills –both verbal and written;
- Accurate database and database management skills;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse student population;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to develop a budget and initiate partnerships;
- Ability to develop strategies to recruit, retain and complete students;
- Strong organizational skills;
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing oversight and administrative support to the Dental department.
- Ensuring the training and placement of qualified program graduates.
- Participation in and arrangement of clinical activities; including proficiency with dental software.
- Providing information related to admission requirements for the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing clinical, lab, and classroom oversight to the dental assisting and dental hygiene students;
- Verifying course/classroom information;
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with local dental societies, schools, and relevant community groups;
- Completing other duties and assuming other responsibilities which the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs, CAO or Dean of Health Sciences may direct.
Responsibilities to the Dental Department:
The Dental Director must be able to evaluate student performance and perform the following procedures to competency within the same treatment time as a Dentist in private practice:
- Provide clinical oversight on a variety of patients in an expedient but thorough manner;
- Willingness to evaluate dental hygiene student’s patients including patient assessment data, calculus classification and periodontal status;
- Prescribe, evaluate, and review with the dental hygiene and dental assisting student applicable radiographs taken during clinics;
- Knowledge of periodontal conditions and treatment modalities;
- Willingness to evaluate pre-clinical skills for dental hygiene students with emphasis on proper instrumentation/identification and patient/operator positioning;
- Willingness to work with the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting faculty to ensure that student competencies are met.
This position requires an ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time and to present verbal lectures/demonstrations, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College