• Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience™ by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor
• Remove deposits and strains from teeth by scaling and root planning.
• Select and use appropriate fluoride treatments and polish tooth restorations
• Assist in the prevention and control of dental caries (decay) and gum disease.
• Obtain and review dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients
• Educate patients regarding the importance of oral hygiene, as well as instruction and demonstration of effective oral hygiene methods
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices) Qualifications
• Degree or certification for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to meet state licensure requirements. Commitment to continuing education for hygiene and dentistry
• Valid and current Registered Dental Hygienist license in accordance with applicable state licensure requirements
• Advanced degree (e.g., Masters) for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred Benefits
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Child care assistance
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.