Registered Dental Assistant
Now is the time to join Cross Roads Smiles Dentistry. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The Hygienist in Training is a highly qualified hygiene student who will work with a designated owner dentist to understand and assist in implementing key process and clinical culture of the owner doctor. They will participate in dedicated shoulder-to-shoulder coaching, one-on-one mentoring sessions, and in select regionally-held Continuing Education opportunities. This individual will proactively engage the owner doctor, hygienist, and team members, in establishing a common understanding of the owner doctor's clinical culture, patient outcomes, and standards of care.
- To understand the clinical culture of the owner doctor, which includes the owner-defined diagnostic philosophies and standards of care
- To have a general understanding of the office operations
- Commit to shoulder-to-shoulder coaching sessions with the owner doctor and existing hygienist
- Prepare patients for oral examination and assist clinicians and hygienists in providing treatment
- Communicate effectively with team members and patients
- Address problems and issues with practical solution
- Proactively seek one-on-one mentoring sessions with the owner doctor and team
- Choose to attend recommended regional Continuing Education workshops and events
- Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is primarily a sedentary office classification but may require field visits and driving. Temperature conditions are controlled with no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- There is occasional exposure to irate staff, vendors or patients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, keyboard, to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, see, talk and hear.
- The employee will frequently lift and/or carry reports, records and other materials that typically weigh less than 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, or crouch.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator, and other standard office equipment.
- Enrolled in good standing in a RDH program
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience; prior coursework or on-the-job training in the fields of dentistry, health science, or business preferred
- Strong desire and commitment to personal development.
- Results Oriented (Energetic self-starter; sets realistic goals; meets commitments; persistent, prioritizes to achieve results).
- Detail oriented, organized, process focused, problem solver, self-motivated proactive, customer service focused.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for tasks assigned; ability to work with others & accept direction.
- Organizational ability by demonstrating a systematic approach in carrying out assignments.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, without compromising quality of work.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Skills required include use of knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and use of standard office equipment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care assistance
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.