Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas seek a full-time craniofacial orthodontist to join a hospital-based academic practice.
- Seeking an orthodontist to join a dynamic team of pediatric dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, periodontists, outreach dentists, hygienists and dental assistants.
- Faculty appointment on clinical non-tenure track.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience with an excellent benefits package.
- Ample opportunity to participate in and create collaborative multidisciplinary clinics.
- Active involvement in educating medical/dental residents and fellows, and additional opportunity in community and educational outreach as well as clinical research.
- Partnership with established team to create exceptional work-life balance.
- Enjoy a 4-day work week including ½ day of administrative/research time.
- Immediate availability with negotiable starting date.
- Excellent facilities with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Click here for more information about our team and ourfacility and fellowship programs!
PRACTICE IS BASED AT ARKANSAS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL:
- Only pediatric health system in Arkansas. With a population of over 3 million, ACH is the major pediatric referral center for Arkansas serving children from birth to age 21.
- Staff consists of more than 500 faculty, 200 residents (95 pediatrics), and 4,400 support staff.
- As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, the ACH campus spans 36 city blocks and includes a 336-bed hospital, 3 intensive care units, a research institute, and a USDA-ARS nutrition center.
- Focused on excellence in child health, ACH is a MAGNET recognized hospital, a level 1 children’s surgery center, and is ranked in 4 specialties by US News and World Report.
- Little Rock metro area has a population range of 730,000
- The downtown River Market, South Main and Argenta (North Little Rock) areas provide a walking district for dining, shopping, sports, museums, libraries, night life, concerts, festivals and a host of other activities.
- Thriving community with many neighborhood options to suit a variety of lifestyles with excellent public and private school options.
- Large enough to be culturally diverse and small enough to encourage a feeling of community.
- Little Rock is the State Capital and home of the William Clinton Presidential Library.
- Qualified candidates ideally will be fellowship-trained in cleft palate and craniofacial orthodontics and be board certified but must be eligible for licensure in Arkansas.