Star Dental Partners (SDP) is currently seeking a Revenue Cycle Generalist to join our high-growth and fast-paced Dental Support Organization (DSO). The primary responsibilities of this position will include assisting with credentialing, payment posting, as well as administering claim appeals and denials.
- Process credentialing and re-credentialing applications for office and providers.
- Audit applications and licensing documentation for accuracy.
- Recognize credentialing guidelines for insurance payers.
- Enrollment tracking of submissions and effective status.
- Support with fee schedule maintenance.
Payment Posting & Accounts Receivable
- Enter payments and adjustments at the Provider level with a high degree of accuracy.
- Collect and review all required patient insurance information in order to complete the billing, collections, appeal, and/or cash processes.
- Assist in performing day end and month end processing.
Claims Appeals & Denials
- Process dental insurance EOBs, appeals, denials, and following up with denial resolutions appropriately.
- Research and resolve any electronic claim denials.
- Process any necessary insurance or patient correspondence.
- Independently analyze, report, and communicate any reimbursement trends or delays, such as billing denials, claim denials, pricing errors, payments, etc.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Revenue Cycle department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, with the initiative to work independently
- Excellent team player and ability to collaborate
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Represent the company with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to efficiently handle a variety of confidential information
- Solid integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- High School diploma
- 3 years of experience working in the dental industry
- 2 years of collections, accounts receivable, and/or related experience
- Proficient in Practice Management Software (PMS) required; Dentrix preferred
- Required to commute to the Plano, TX office
- Ability to maintain a full-time employment schedule of approximately 40 hours per week; extended hours may be requested or required
- Prolonged sitting and standing as needed
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Star Dental Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.