Cambridge, MD Dental Center – Full or Part Time
Choptank Community Health
Come see how healthy YOU can be!
Located in the heart of Maryland’s Mid-Shore region, Choptank Community Health System (CCHS) is a private, non-profit community health system providing primary health care services in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties and the surrounding areas.
The Dental Hygienist is a critical part of the oral health team and plays an essential role in the development of plan of care for patients. Provides oral cancer screening, hygiene assessment, dental prophylaxis, periodontal services, local anesthesia and nitrous, if certified, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. Takes radiographs as instructed by the dentist. Plays an essential role in the management of patient referrals and is a key link between medical providers, dentists and patients. Assists in maintaining dental equipment and supplies. Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides Preventative and Periodontal Dental Services
- Routine scaling and polishing
- Provides local anesthesia (if certified) with scaling and root planing as prescribed by dentist.
- Monitors and/or administers nitrous if certified.(Nitrous competency upon hire and annually thereafter.)
- Takes radiographs as instructed by the dentist.
- Provides preventative topical application of fluoride and dental sealants
- Presents instruction on proper home care and works with patient’s self-management goals.
- Consults with patients on proper nutrition.
Assists in Maintenance of Equipment/Supplies
- Maintains proper inventory of supplies by communicating low stock to designated person.
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, sharpens and sets up instruments-Passes Autoclave/Infection Control Competency upon hire and annually thereafter
- Notifies Dental Program Director and Dental Clinical Manager of any issues/concerns related to dental equipment or safety/infection control issues.
Additional Dental Hygienist Responsibilities
- Prior to appointment, verifies patient’s treatment has been scheduled appropriately by reviewing the daily schedule and comparing it to treatment plan.
- Travels to other CCHS sites to cover shortages within the department.
- Schedule recall appointments and facilitates referrals.
- Participation expected in department meetings after hours.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Licensed as a Dental Hygienist by the State of Maryland.
- Must be able to work independently, possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and communicate effectively.
- Current CPR certification.
- Proficient in basic computer skills. Knowledge of Dentrix helpful.
- Working knowledge of CDT coding and ICD-10 coding.
- Minimum of six months prior dental hygiene experience.
- Preferred experience in various dental settings to include experience with pediatric dental patients.
If you have excellent, patient-focused clinical skills, coupled with the desire to join a winning team of healthcare professionals while earning a competitive salary and benefits, forward resume.
To learn more about Choptank Community Health System, please visit us online at www.choptankhealth.org.
Apply for Dental Hygienist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly