The Associate Dentist is expected to provide professional, high-quality, comprehensive & appropriate dental care and treatment to patients and provide supervision as required, to Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienist(s) while achieving the highest levels of quality, efficiency, accessibility & responsiveness. The Associate Dentist will ensure the safety of patients and clinical staff by following CDC and OSHA guidelines and monitoring internal compliance with those regulations. The Associate Dentist must rely on their extensive education, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of other tasks as assigned. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is necessary for required success.
Essential Job Functions
- Offer a wide range of general dental services within the dentist’s scope of training, including but not limited to; restorations, crowns, bridges, removable prosthetics, endodontic treatment, implants, minor to complex oral surgery, periodontic and any emergency dental service such as diagnosing and treating dental injuries and disease.
- Provide patients with full comprehensive treatment plans, providing all alternate treatment options and provide education regarding conditions, care, and plans.
- Support patients by providing exceptional interpersonal and technical skills.
- Provide oral health education and instruction to all patients of the practice.
- Diagnose & treat patients to achieve excellent results within the estimated treatment time.
- Maintain accurate & detailed patient treatment records. Document diagnoses, treatments, and consultations.
- Maintain patient confidence & protect operations by maintaining confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment & supplies only as needed to achieve results.
- Ensure all OSHA, Dental Board, and practice policies are properly followed.
- Provide leadership & direction to clinical staff, while maintaining respectable & appropriate working relationships through collaborative support.
- Meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including clinical quality & productivity goals.
- Upsell appropriate items & treatment to patients based on their individual needs.
- Ensure all actions, performance, personal conduct & communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
- Develop & maintain favorable relationships with other practitioners in the community as well as any vendors, contractors & payor sources.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise Dental Hygienist(s) and Dental Assistants
Travel Expectations: <25 – 50%
Physical demands: Dental staff are required to use their bodies repetitively, for extended periods of time. These actions include, but are not limited to sitting, bending, maintaining foot and balance control.
- Graduation from an ADA accredited dental school with a DMD or DDS
- Active dental license in the State of Georgia
- Experience working in accordance with HIPPA and other Dental privacy laws
- 1 – 3 years of experience within a dental practice, preferred but not required
- Proficient in EagleSoft or practice management software
- Ability to build good rapport with patients; use specific approaches to attract new patients
Required Soft Skills
In addition to the professional skilled qualifications listed above, GDC Smiles recognizes certain personality traits which aid in the development and care of our patients, as well as aid in the attainment of our company goals and values. A viable candidate for GDC will be a good listener who is highly motivated, compassionate, humble, confident, coachable, and organized. He or she must be a hard-working individual who has a vision and is willing to go the extra mile for patients to maintain our superior patient care reputation.
The following personality traits are what GDC looks for in a prospective candidate. The ideal candidate(s) for GDC Smiles are those who possess the following soft skills in addition to the required professional qualifications.
- Respect for others
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and feedback
GDC Smiles Values
PATIENT FOCUS - We provide the best dental care to our patients practicing dentistry safety
INTEGRITY - We always act with care, honesty, and accountability.
RESPECT- We are one team, a family, united in our dedication to succeed
PROFESSIONALISM - We will choose to nourish a grateful attitude
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT- We will provide the most efficient techniques and service
Apply for Associate Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly