GREAT EXPRESSIONS DENTAL CENTERS, SOUTH FL REGIONAL CLINICAL DIRECTOR
Great Expressions Dental Centers (GEDC) is one of the oldest single dental brand organizations in the United States. Founded in Michigan over 45 years ago and now serving patients in nine states across 250+ dental offices, GEDC’s strategic objective is to become the leading national dental group—fueled by the Best Team Members working in a Best Place to Work culture that culminates in delivering the Best Patient Experience in the industry.
GEDC has charted an ambitious three-year growth plan designed to enable the organization to double in size, and you will be a part of this exciting growth. The South FL region has 31 offices and 70 doctors, and you will be the leading doctor to assist these clinicians in growing the region, clinical protocols, and dental care of south FL. This growth plan is backed by GEDC’s private equity partner, Roark Capital Group. Since inception, affiliates of Roark have acquired 90 franchise/multi‐location brands which generate approximately $54 billion in system revenues from 63,000 locations located in 50 states and 89 countries. Notable brands include Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, The Cheesecake Factory, Orange Theory, Meineke, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Jimmy Johns, to name a few.
The Regional Clinical Director RCD is responsible for providing leadership, direction and support to GEDC providers within the south Florida region. The RCD mentors and provides guidance to GEDC doctors, interviews potential dental candidates and works with management to develop the clinical capabilities of dental office Team Members. The RCD collaborates with the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) and other Clinical Partners to develop appropriate clinical guidelines to ensure GEDC providers deliver outstanding, clinically appropriate treatments to all patients using the “disease dictates treatment” mindset to guide treatment recommendations.
- Proven track record of monitoring key practice success measures, and building a specific plan for progressive improvement
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people; developing highly productive working teams through mentoring and training
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office and other business analytics systems
- Superior patient services skills and successful record of patient relations management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and professionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience managing budgets and delivering information from P&L statements and producing strong results and growth
- Provide a coaching approach to successfully identify and resolve a variety of conflicts across their teams; mitigate risk and resolve personnel and operational issues.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion and in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with correct prioritization and time management skills
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) required
- 5-7 years of experience practicing in a dental office; experience practicing in a large, multi-specialty Dental Service Organization is preferable but not required.
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in leading teams
- Certification in Practice Management a plus: (MGMA, AAPC, ACHE)
- Active participation in professional organizations a plus
- Conducts and records annual quality assessments of GEDC providers. Provides follow up when and where indicated.
- Conducts annual Doctor Career Path reviews with all doctors in the region to discuss how the Doctor Career Path works, the requirements for advancement and the cadence of the Career Path conversations.
- Mentors GEDC providers through a combination of chair-side coaching to share best practice modalities and improve clinical efficiency and outcomes.
- Provides direct responses to GEDC provider inquiries about case presentations, appointment scheduling, referral procedures, fee schedules, professional service requirements, contracts, etc.
- Identifies and assists in the implementation of the latest dental techniques and products.
- Creates a culture of provider collaboration through sequenced treatment planning and inter-provider communication.
- Leads the recruiting and candidate selection efforts for dentists; partners with the Regional Doctor Recruiter to thoroughly review candidate resumes, and schedules interviews with candidates to select top clinical talent for the offices.
- Leads the New Doctor Orientation program for 100% of new doctor hires within the region.
- Other tasks as requested by the Chief Clinical Officer
The Clinical Partner is responsible for the following duties & responsibilities:
- Optimizes operatory and practice utilization
- Assesses individual doctor practice patterns and uses the “disease dictates treatment” guidepost to identify opportunities for clinicians to offer comprehensive, patient-focused treatment.
- Leads and role models the Morning Huddle conversations with Team Members and Doctors to review the daily patient schedule and troubleshoot potential bottlenecks and scheduling gaps or overlaps.
- Assists in the implementation of Schedule Templates.
- Coordinates and monitors the GP/Specialty referral process.
- Makes recommendations for the development and limitations of the drugs and supply formulary.
- Recommends appropriate labs and assists in integrating them into the dental practices.
- Monitors off-formulary supply requests.
- Monitors re-make reports and re-quests.
- Participates in the GEDC National Doctor Panel to assist in the development of GEDC clinical guidelines.
- Rigorously maintains all compliance practices and address follow up items with clinicians in a timely fashion.
- Ensures doctors within the region complete legally required or internally mandated training for OSHA, HIPPA, mock emergencies and the Annual Required Training within the specified time frames.