TALENTED PROFESSIONAL NEEDED FOR A HIGHLY VISIBLE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE AT A GROWING COMPANY.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a daily impact and to help build a sophisticated finance function for a rapidly growing company? Due to our expansion, we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Brentwood, TN! This position offers the opportunity for professional growth and development. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller but will regularly work directly with the C-Suite on key projects.
- Execute and lead the department’s month-end close processes including preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and variance analyses.
- Maintain, build, and create custom financial reports in NetSuite.
- Prepare financial reporting packages for internal and external parties, including presentations for the quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the purchasing card process including month-end journal entries, month-end reconciliations, and ensuring proper support is received.
- Manage the rent payment cycle and accounting for leases.
- Assist the Controller with adoption of ASC 842.
- Prepare local tax filings including tangible personal property and local license filings.
- Assist with annual independent audit and tax work.
- Participate in the development and enforcement of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations on process efficiencies in collaboration with team members and management.
- Support other team members including cross-functional training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience, ideally with a combination of public and corporate accounting experience. Dental or healthcare industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and NetSuite, with a high skill level in excel
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills to arrive at effective solutions when a variety of concrete variables exist in situations with limited standardization
- Detail oriented with superior time management skills that will be utilized to meet deadlines and deliver high quality results
- Ability to communicate concisely in both written and verbal manners
- Willingness to collaborate and build relationships with team members at all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer