Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties
$500 quarterly COVID Recovery bonuses through 2022
Choptank Community Health
Come see how healthy YOU can be!
Located in the heart of Maryland’s Mid-Shore region, Choptank Community Health System (CCHS) is a private, non-profit community health system providing primary health care services in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties and the surrounding areas. Our patient-focused team currently has an opening for a Dental Assistant (Expanded Functions) to work at our dental centers in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot counties.
Key responsibilities of Choptank’s Dental Assistant position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing chair side assistance to dentists and dental hygienists in the provision of clinical dental care, including operative, preventative, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and/or oral surgery procedures.
- Preparing, sterilizing, organizing, and setting up dental equipment, ensuring that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established safety guidelines and standards.
- Monitoring and maintaining dental equipment, such as compressors, evacuator, radiographic equipment, sterilizers, and light curing units, in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Taking diagnostic quality radiographic images in accordance with dentists’ orders, assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Ordering and maintaining inventories of dental clinic supplies, equipment, and instruments.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent & successful completion of an accredited dental assistant training program
- Experience with Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental radiography certification by the Dental Assistant National Board
- Expanded Functions certification required. Maryland Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Maryland Qualified Dental Assistant (QDA) credential preferred.
If you have excellent, patient-focused clinical skills, coupled with the desire to join a winning team of healthcare professionals while earning a competitive salary and benefits, forward resume.
To learn more about Choptank Community Health System, please visit us online at www.choptankhealth.org.
Apply for Dental Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly