Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties
$500 quarterly COVID Recovery bonuses through 2022
Choptank Community Health
Come see how healthy YOU can be!
Located in the heart of Maryland’s Mid-Shore region, Choptank Community Health System (CCHS) is a private, non-profit community health system providing primary health care services in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties and the surrounding areas. Our patient-focused team currently has an opening for a Dental Assistant (Expanded Functions) to work at our dental centers in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot counties.
Key responsibilities of Choptank’s Dental Assistant position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing chair side assistance to dentists and dental hygienists in the provision of clinical dental care, including operative, preventative, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and/or oral surgery procedures.
- Preparing, sterilizing, organizing, and setting up dental equipment, ensuring that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established safety guidelines and standards.
- Monitoring and maintaining dental equipment, such as compressors, evacuator, radiographic equipment, sterilizers, and light curing units, in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Taking diagnostic quality radiographic images in accordance with dentists’ orders, assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Ordering and maintaining inventories of dental clinic supplies, equipment, and instruments.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent & successful completion of an accredited dental assistant training program
- Experience with Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental radiography certification by the Dental Assistant National Board
- Expanded Functions certification required. Maryland Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Maryland Qualified Dental Assistant (QDA) credential preferred.
If you have excellent, patient-focused clinical skills, coupled with the desire to join a winning team of healthcare professionals while earning a competitive salary and benefits, forward resume.
To learn more about Choptank Community Health System, please visit us online at www.choptankhealth.org.