3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
For more than 45 years, The Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education and The Wright Center for Community Health have been committed to providing non-discriminatory, high-quality primary health care to the region’s most vulnerable populations while creating a primary care workforce pipeline America needs. We deliver comprehensive primary health care services focused on meeting the needs of medically under-served populations, from pediatrics to geriatrics, while educating the next generation of primary care physicians. Our passionate purpose is to co-create transformational healthcare teams of leaders who empower people, families and communities to own and optimize their health. We are currently looking for a full-time Dentist to join our team and work to fulfill our mission of improving the health and welfare of our community through inclusive and responsive health services and the sustainable renewal of an inspired, competent workforce that is privileged to serve.
The primary focus will be examining, diagnosing, and developing treatment plans for infections and injuries of the teeth and mouth and carrying out the treatment plan in a competent and efficient manner. The provider will have an active role with the Dental Service Manager in establishing oral health care in new practice sites as appropriate and will supervise, mentor and train staff.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Evaluates patients’ intraoral and peri-oral hard and soft tissue condition; including caries, endodontic/periodontal pathology, soft tissue and developmental pathology.
- Diagnoses and treat Emergency Dental situations such as toothaches, broken teeth/restorations, dislodged crown/bridges, broken off denture teeth etc.
- Develops patient treatment plan; including Preventative, Endodontic, Periodontal, Restorative, Prosthetic and follow up care.
- Refers out complex Endodontic, Surgical and Periodontal treatment. Perform and complete the remaining portion of treatment plan.
- Facilitates maximum components of treatment plans than can be completed "in house".
- Performs and is proficient: amalgam and composite restorations, single and double canal Endodontic therapy, extraction of erupted teeth and roots either routinely or simple surgical procedures, prophylaxis, periodontal scaling and root planning.
- A significant portion of the applicant’s responsibility will be Pediatric Dentistry without Nitrous Oxide. This will include Preventative, Restorative and Surgical care on cooperative children. Space maintainers and Removable single tooth movement appliances should be planned and performed.
- Participates in conducting medical resident didactics to provide education on dental hygiene in relation to primary care.
- Participate in the development and expansion of oral health clinical sites and participates in assessing community need.
- Assist to design, develop, and implement appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols, and procedures which are in compliance with most current accepted standards.
- Assists in the preparation of an operating budget in conjunction with the Finance department and ensures compliance with the Dental Department’s budget. In addition, shall prepare special grant and project budgets as required to meet the goals of the organization.
- Participates in short and long term program planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Dental School/Doctoral Degree (DDS/DMD).
- Licensed to practice dentistry by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry.
- At least 3 years of experience providing dental care.
- DEA certificate
- CPR certification
- Experience with Electronic Dental Records and digital radiography required.
- Providing emergency, preventative and basic restorative care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual is a plus
Apply for Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly