3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Family Practice & Counseling Network is seeking a General Dentist to join our network of health centers.
The Dentist will be responsible for upholding the mission and beliefs of the organization by diagnosing and treating all dental patients according to acceptable treatment standards.
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Diagnose and treat patients in accordance with accepted treatment standards which includes:
- Examining patients' teeth and mouth
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluates dental needs.
- Treating teeth and tissue problems using equipment and tools, such as drills or mouth mirrors.
- Maintain an acceptable level of visit productivity as per HRSA standards of 16 average visits per 8 hour day.
- Provide instructions on dental care as well as administer medication and prescriptions for patients.
- Maintain, complete, and sign all electronic patient records and check for accurate charting and progress notes.
- Provide instruction to support to all support dental staff.
- Devote time every year to continuing education, conferences and reading in dental public health.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintain required level of CDE hours for State licensure
- Comply with all CDC and OSHA standards
- Graduate degree from an ADA approved Dental School
- 2 years of dental experience (though we are also open to recent graduates)
- Currently licensed dentist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Have Federal DEA certificate
- Be a team player with an excellent attitude-extremely patient friendly
- Have an interest in and commitment to public health dentistry
- Show ongoing involvement in community outreach and education
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients
Pay & Benefits:
Generous benefits and PTO plan including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403b plan, as well as 22 vacation days, 7 sick days, and 13 holidays starting your first year!
***Please apply at the link below:
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Philly housed in Action Wellness (formerly Action AIDS). Today the Network serves more than 23,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The nurse-managed centers serve public housing residents and the surround communities. We aim to provide high quality care to improve the health status of underserved, uninsured, and vulnerable people.