POSITION SUMMARY: The Dentist will provide quality dental care by diagnosing, treating, preventing, and educating the patient on oral hygiene. Perform full scope of comprehensive general dentistry for patient of all ages.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides dental care
- Educates patient
- Establishes departmental policies and procedures
- Supervise and evaluate the dental assistants and hygienists
- Candidate should be flexible and willing to work at other locations as scheduled
- Candidate should be available to work some evenings and weekends as scheduled
- Help implement QA/QI program for dental clinic as required by state, federal government and local entities.
- Actively participate in peer review process
- Work in conjunction with Dental Hygienist in community engagement, outreach and education program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current unrestricted Nebraska dental license, Dental Surgery (DDS) degree and Federal DEA Certificate
- Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system.
- Familiar with PCMH model of care
- Knowledge and/or understand for FQHC healthcare delivery model
- Demonstrated mastery of critical thinking, analytics, and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at various levels both inside and outside of the organization, often in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management standards and processes.
- Familiarity and experience with standards and processes established by Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, CDC, ADA and regulatory entities.
- Knowledge of federal regulations governing dental care clinical staff
- Knowledge of credentialing process, delineation of clinical privileges and peer review for dental staff.
- Licensure: Nebraska Dental License, State and Federal DEA Certificate
- Hours of Work: Expect to work 40 hour a week minimum.
- Required active BLS certificate
- Completes 30 hours of dental CE education every 2 years as required by NE state dental board
- Travel: Some travel required.
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee frequently is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may frequently be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment is frequently quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.
Apply for Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly