- Job Type
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Staff Dentist
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: IHS-20-BJ-10743023-DE
OPEN PERIOD: 03/04/2020 to 12/31/2020
SERIES & GRADE: GS 11 - 12
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. Citizens
- Performs all facets of general dentistry on patients of all ages.
- Manages significantly medically-compromised patients, consulting with physicians and specialists as necessary.
- Performs thorough documentation in both medical and dental electronic health records.
- Keeps abreast of most recent evidence-based standards of care by attending in-person CDE courses annually and completing online trainings and webinars.
- Evaluates dental assistants' performance and gives real-time feedback; performs competencies and performance evaluations.
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must pass pre-employment examination.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Applicants must have a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from a school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Applicants must have passed the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) which are developed and administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and possess a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Applicants must complete a 2-year residency program in dentistry, oral health, craniofacial sciences, or a related medical science.
- Equivalent experience identified on your resume that must demonstrate one or more full years of experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, performing professional dentistry work for GS-12 level.